SBCC becomes a steering wheel for the HPN program implementation requires strategic implementation and monitoring
- Md. Habibur Rahman, Additional Secretary (PH&WH), MoHFW
The National Committee for Health, Population and Nutrition (HPN) SBCC Strategy Implementation and Monitoring took its own course to hold its first meeting on October 21, 2018 in the MoHFW conference room. This meeting was Chaired by Mr. Md. Habibur Rahman, Additional Secretary (PH&WH), MoHFW while it was co-chaired by Mr. A K M Mohiul Islam, Additional Secretary, Health Education and Family Welfare Division, MoHFW.
A total of 30 members of the National Committee represents the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Information and its Directorates from DGFP, DGHS, DG-NIPORT and DG- Drug Administration. Other members include representative from Dhaka North and Dhaka South City Corporation. The members from donor agencies, implementing partners and NGOs include; USAID, Unicef, Ujjiban SBCC project and BCCP. The Chairperson welcomed everyone attending this meeting and emphasized on the enormous role of the SBCC interventions in strategic implementation of the HPN programs.
Key decision of the meeting includes;
- NCD and CDC units of the DGHS, Health Economic Unit of the MoHFW and Local Government Division of MoLGRDC will be co-opted as member of the National Committee
- All HPN GoB OPs, Implementing Partners and NGOs will send the yearly SBCC activity reports for the period of July 2017-June 2018 to the Member-Secretary of the committee
- All possible efforts to undertake in order to avoiding the work duplication and attain maximum impact
- Ujjiban will provide technical assistance to organize two divisional level orientation workshops on the detail work plan following SBCC strategy
- A report on the SBCC Best Practice will be asked from the HPN GoB OPs, Implementing Partners and NGOs to share in a national level fair for possible replication in other projects
- NTP will include SBCC activities with necessary budget in course of the next OP revision.
At the end the Co-chairperson of the committee urged upon the members to follow the decisions of today’s meeting and thanked meeting attendees for their active participation. The Chairperson extended thanks to USAID for their support and to Ujjiban SBCC project for their continuous effort providing technical assistance to the MoHFW.